This is an optional piece meant to go over the ball end of the string (feed the string through it). The felt sits between the ball end of the string and the tailpiece, acting as a buffer to help protect the tailpiece from scratches, etc.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find your orchestral string comparison chart?
- What are the felt pieces that come with bass strings?
- How do I choose what rosin to use?
- Does D'Addario offer a bass set tuned in fifths?
- Which strings are best-suited for electric orchestral instruments?
- Is it okay to use full size strings on my smaller instruments?
- What kind of strings should beginning viola, violin, cello, or bass players use?
- What are the silking colors for your orchestral strings?