The easiest way to determine the accuracy of your hygrometer is to perform a salt test. To perform a salt test, fill a large bottle cap with a mix of water and salt made into a paste (no excess water on top). Place the hygrometer inside a sealed plastic container and leave it for 24 hours. Once the time is up, if you receive a reading of 73-76% your device is reading normal. However, it’s important to remember that hygrometers have a +/- 5% deviation.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find t-shirt sizing info?
- What's the configuration of the DB25 Modular Snake System?
- How do I dispose of Humidipaks?
- Should I "recharge" my Humidipaks?
- Why is my Humiditrak / HTS reading differently from other hygrometers?
- I’m having an issue with my Humiditrak/Humiditrak app. Who can I contact?
- How can I tell if my hygrometer is giving me accurate readings?
- Why aren't my Humidipaks lowering humidity below 60%?
- I’ve been using Humidipaks for some time. Why isn’t the humidity up to 45%-55%?
- My Micro Tuner is blinking/flashing when I turn it on. Is it broken?