The easiest way to determine the accuracy of your hygrometer is to perform a salt test. To perform a salt test, fill a large bottle cap with a mix of water and salt made into a paste (no excess water on top). Place the hygrometer inside a sealed plastic container and leave it for 24 hours. Once the time is up, if you receive a reading of 73-76% your device is reading normal. However, it’s important to remember that hygrometers have a +/- 5% deviation.
Articles in this section
- How long do Humidipaks last?
- How do I dispose of Humidipaks?
- I’ve been using Humidipaks for some time. Why isn’t the humidity up to 45%-55%?
- Why aren't my Humidipaks lowering humidity below 60%?
- My Humidipaks were left outside in the cold and froze. Can I still use them?
- Should I "recharge" my Humidipaks?
- How can I test the accuracy of my Humiditrak / HTS sensor?
- How can I tell if my hygrometer is giving me accurate readings?
- How long does it take for the Humidifier Pro sponge to absorb water?
- I’m having an issue with my Humiditrak/Humiditrak app. Who can I contact?